Moneywise, Microblading in Dubai is a big investment but more importantly, the procedure is carried out on your face; unarguably the most important asset you have got.
So, diligently following the before and after care instructions is very important for two reasons.
If you follow the instructions outlined in this post or the ones given to you by your microblading technician, you will increase your chances of getting the desired result.
If you don’t, you will be reducing the chances of getting a good result. In a worst case scenario, you increase the risk of infection – and you wouldn’t want to experience that.
6 Things Don’ts Before a Microblading Procedure
- Do not engage in work out at least 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do not take alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before the microblading procedure.
- If possible, do not take medications such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Vitamin E and Niacin at least 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do not wax, tint or peel your brow for at least one week before the procedure.
- Avoid Botox around the brow at least 14 days before the procedure
- Avoid using AHA skin care products around the brow area at least 14 days before the procedure
Do’s and Don’ts after the Procedure and during the Healing Process
Following all the aftercare instructions on this page would help you get the desired result.
- Do keep your face and eyebrows as dry as possible
- Do shower and clean your face but avoid splashing water on your brows during a bath
- Do sleep on your back or place small band-aids on the end of your eyebrows if you a side-sleeper
- Do keep clean, dry paper towels on hand to pat your brows if they accidentally get moist.
- Do not apply any cosmetics on your brows for at least 10 days.
- Do not engage in heavy exercising or sweating for at least 10 days after microblading procedure.
- Do not use harsh soaps on your face during the bonding process.
- Do not scratch or pick on your eyebrows or the flaky skin during the healing period.
- Do not use petroleum-based products such as Vaseline and Neosporin during the healing period
- Do not apply lightening creams, anti-acne and anti-aging products or facial products
- Do not dye, bleach or tint your eyebrow for at least one month following the procedure.
- Do not expose to sunlight and avoid swimming pools, jacuzzis, saunas for at least 14 days following the procedure.
6 Things to Do After the Healing Process
These precautions are particularly important if you wish to retain the amazing result that you got from adhering to the do’s and don’ts during the healing process.
It may take a little time to get used to your new lifestyle, but if you like how your eyebrows look, you wouldn’t mind avoiding certain things to ensure they are protected.
- Avoid contact with chlorine and wash off if it occurs
- Do not over-expose to sunlight to avoid discoloration of the pigment
- Apply sunscreen daily on the treated area after the healing process
- You can wear sunglasses and hats when walking/working under the sun for a prolonged period
- Avoid continued use of anti-aging creams, serums, Glycolic acid, retinol, face peels etc as they tend to lighten or discolor the pigment
- Keep following up appointments and going for a touch up at least once a year
Adhering to these before and aftercare instructions are probably the most important part of the whole process as the outcome and sustenance of the result depend on how well you keep to the instructions.
As long as you follow the instructions that we have outlined, you stand a higher chance of getting an amazing result.
Microblading in Dubai is the new cool in the world of make-up, and if you really want to get expert care for your brows, we are the best in the UAE.