With more and more women opting for long and better lasting makeup solutions, semi-permanent makeup is becoming even more popular than before. Microblading, for instance, is perhaps the most sought out makeup solution among women who prefer to have thick shapely brows. Microblading clinics in Dubai offer custom treatments to their clients, giving them perfectly arched brows they so desire.
Microblading for eyebrows is a manual procedure in which a pigment that matches your eyebrow colour is injected into the skin in extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. This gives the clients fuller and thicker looking eyebrows. However, microblading is not for everyone. In rare cases, some women are allergic to the pigments used which can cause mild to severe reactions in their skin.
This is why microblading clinics in Dubai offer a free patch test to their clients, which helps determine whether the person is allergic to the pigments commonly used. This is done solely the benefit of the clients who want to be sure of the skin pigments that enter their skin.
There are two ways to do a patch test. They are discussed below –
Common Patch Test
This is the widely used method of patch testing, where a mix of the pigment that is to be used on the client in the microblading process is inserted into a patch of her skin to check for reactions.
The procedure is as follows –
- An inconspicuous area on the client’s scalp is cleansed with alcohol or other disinfectants.
- A photograph of the section is taken prior to inserting the pigment
- Using a 3 or 5 prong sterile needle around 6 to 7 implants are made into the client’s scalp in an inconspicuous area.
- A photograph of the area is again taken after the pigment is inserted for future reference.
- The client is asked to take proper aftercare procedure of the area. This is the same as which is normally asked after the actual microblading procedure.
- The client is advised to contact the microblading clinic or a dermatologist in case she experiences an allergic reaction.
- The microblading clinic waits a minimum of 4 weeks before going on with the procedure. Clients with severe reactions are dissuaded from the procedure.
- Patch testing is also used to tell how a specific colour will heal in the skin.
Topical Patch Test
Sometimes a topical patch test is done on the clients. This is also an effective way to check for allergic reactions. However, it doesn’t show how the colour will appear after the procedure as the pigment is not inserted inside the skin.
- An area on the skin on the arm or behind the ear is cleaned using alcohol.
- A blog of the pigment is applied to this area using a cotton swab
- If any reaction is noted, the client is dissuaded from the procedure.
Patch tests are necessary for determining allergic reactions as well as to get an idea of how the pigment will look on your skin on application. Microblading clinics in Dubai offer the procedure to almost all their clients to assure their safety and satisfaction.