Any beauty routine is incomplete if you do not clean your makeup brushes regularly. There are many reasons why this is an important routine you mustn’t give up on. For best results of your makeup efforts, you must clean your foundation and powder brushes once a week, your eye makeup brushes bi-weekly and all other makeup brushes at least once a month. At Browz Group, we recommend you to follow these simple steps to clean your makeup brushes at home –
Clean Your Brush Using Soap And Water
This is the easiest way to clean your makeup brushes and just needs some liquid soap and water. The brushes you normally use for any kind of powdered products can be cleaned well using this method. Our experts at Browz Group suggest the following steps –
- Hold your brush under running lukewarm water. Make sure that the metal part is not getting wet, as this could cause rust and rot and further damage the brush. And don’t use hot water to clean your brushes as the heat can damage the bristles of the brush.
- Move and separate the bristles to make sure that the water has washed off all the old makeup
- Apply the soap directly to your brushes if they are very much soiled. Use a brush cleaning board to shake off the makeup from the brushes. Alternatively, you can pour a little of the soap in a bowl of lukewarm water. Dip the brush in this and swirl and shake to dislodge all the makeup.
- Show the bristles under running lukewarm water again. Squeeze it lightly.
- Using a bath towel or microfiber towel, pat your brushes dry. Squeeze them back into shape if they have gotten misshapen.
- Keep the brushes on the counter to dry. Do not keep them standing as this will cause the water to seep into the metallic part and damage the brush.
Removing Oil-based makeup
To remove oil-based makeup from your brushes, you have to follow a slightly different method.
- Pour some oil on a paper towel and dip the brush in it. Swirl around to dislodge the makeup.
- Keep the brush under running lukewarm water without wetting the metallic part.
- Squirt a little baby shampoo on your palm. Dip the brush in this and swirl it around. This will remove most of the dirt from the brush.
- Wash it under lukewarm water again and pat it dry. Squeeze the bristles to bring it back into shape. Dry your brushes by leaving it on a clean counter.
Makeup brushes are made of a very delicate material, which is easily damaged under heat. So never wash it using hot water or use a blow dryer to dry it. And when storing it, always keep it upright on the handle or put them in a horizontal position inside your makeup pouch.
Keeping your makeup brushes clean will ensure the following –
Makeup brushes collect everything that’s on your face when you brush them along. This includes oils, dead skin cells and dust. Reusing it without proper cleaning can cause acne outbreaks by clogging your pores when they are used.
The better colour on application
As the brushes get dirtier, it becomes impossible to apply the right colour on your face. Old makeup caked on your brushes will never give the desired effect on your face.
As brushes become dirtier with caked makeup products, they become more and more abrasive. Cleaning them properly will ensure softer brushes and better application of makeup without scratching your face.
Keep away bacteria
Dirty brushes are also the breeding ground for bacteria. This soils your makeup products as well as aggravate acne or other skin allergies on sensitive skins. Cleaning them regularly will keep both your brushes and makeup products in better condition.
At Browz Group, we encourage our clients to practice good makeup practices that help in preserving your face as well as your products.